Auto Replies for Gmail: Replying to same emails over and over again can be time consuming for any busy person. The best solution for this is to Setup Auto Replies for your Gmail Account, which allows you to send automated replies to your emails also help you when you are out of office.
For example, if you run a store and you receive frequent product inquiry emails, then it will be boring and time consuming to reply the same message to all the emails you receive. Instead you can Setup Auto Replies for your Email, so that the sender will know that they have received your Email.
Canned response will also be handy if you’re on the vacation and cant reply emails. You can do this, by Combining the Gmail’s filter and Canned response features. Canned response and Gmail filter will be your best friend. You can automatically reply to a selected emails by using a filter and that canned message will be sent for a specific Gmail Filter.
You can also add your emergency contact number or Email if you are on a vacation, so that they can get in touch with you incase of emergency. When you add your contact details, i suggest you to add that Canned Response only for your Contacts, Otherwise if you get an email from a stranger he will receive your personal details.
Create A Gmail Canned Response| Setup Auto Replies for Gmail:
- Login to your Gmail Account.
- Click on Settings from your Gmail Account and select the “Labs” Tab.
- In the Labs tab, you can find “Canned Responses“. You need to enable it.
- So, “Click Enable” for Canned Responses and Click “Save Settings” at the bottom of the page.
- Now you can create a Canned Response, once you enable the Canned Response.
- Now Click on “Compose Email”. And type your message and content you wish to save as Canned response.
- Click on the Arrow at the bottom after you finish typing your message. Click on “New Canned Response” to save your email.
- Now you need to create a title for the Canned Response and Hit Ok. And Remember that, Title will be the Subject for your Email response.
- Your Canned Response is ready.
Auto reply to Selected messages with Gmail Canned Responses
Now you need to turn on Auto Replies from your Gmail Account for incoming message that you wish to receive your canned response message.
- Now Once Again Go to Settings.
- Choose Filters and Click on “Create a New Filter”.
- In the next step, choose the settings you want and you can choose some specific email addresses, subject or some keywords in the email body as a filter.
- After Completion, Click “Next Step”.
- Tick the “Send Canned Response” Check box and select the canned response you want to send.
- Now Click “Create Filter” and thats it you are done creating a auto reply in Gmail.
Whenever any email matches the filter you have created, an auto response will be sent.