Setup 2-Step Verification for Gmail: 2-Step Verification is a additional layer of security for your Gmail(Google Mail) Account. Rather than depending only on passwords to protect from hackers, you can use this additional step to secure your Gmail Account. So, this additional Step will require your mobile to access your Gmail Account. So, even if someone knows your password they cant access your Gmail Account, without the verification code sent to your Mobile phone.
If you don’t like to receive the code via sms, you can also choose call option. And if you don’t wanna receive any calls or sms, then you can use the Authentication app, where you can receive codes every time you login to your Google Account. You’ll only be granted the access if you enter the code, otherwise knowing the password is also useless. Here i’m going to help to setup 2-Step Verification for your Gmail Account.
Setup Two Step Verification for Google Account
- First Login to your Gmail account.
- Click on your profile picture which is on the top-right side.
- Now click on My Account.
- Now click on Sign In and Security.
- Scroll down below to find 2 step verification.
- Click on 2-step Verification.
- Now again Click on Get Started.
- Now you’ll be asked to enter your password once again.
- Enter your Password and click Next.
- Now Enter your Phone Number and Select if you want to receive a sms or voice call.
- Then click Next.
- Soon after you click Next, you will receive a Sms with a code or Voice call.
- Enter the code you received and click Next.
- Click on Turn On.
- You have Successfully Setup 2-Step Verification for Google Account.
If you cannot receive texts or voice calls, you can use the Google Authenticar App.
How to Change your Gmail Password?
Follow the Steps below to Change your Gmail Password.
- Sign In to your Gmail Account.
- Click on My Account.
- In Sign-in & security, Click on Signing in to Google.
- Click on Password.
- Now you need to enter your password again, so enter your password and click Next.
- Now Choose a new password and Confirm your New password and click Change Password.
- That’s it, Now you can login to your Gmail Account using your new password.
How to Setup Recovery Email for your Gmail Account?
- Login to your Gmail Account.
- Click on My Account.
- Now Click on Personal info & privacy and Click on Email.
- After you Click on Email, you can see two options, 1) Google Account email, 2)Recovery Email.
- Click on Recovery Email.
- You’ll be asked to enter your Password, So enter your password and click Next.
- Now Enter your Recovery Email and Click Add.
Though its not Mandatory, its very helpful to add a Recovery Email Address. In case if you lose access to your Google Account, Recovery Email Address might help you.