Microsoft has launched Outlook.com Web mail to replace Hotmail with the intention of modern email service. The anti-spam Engine, New User Interface and smart options to organize the inbox, made Outlook as the Best Microsoft Email service yet.
Outlook.com’s team has been making changes by adding new features and offering ways to attract more people to join Outlook.com. Now Outlook also has two-step verification to secure the accounts.
People who have migrated from the Hotmail, MSN and Live will find the features of Outlook satisfactory. But many users who temporarily moved from Gmail to Outlook are not exactly happy with its features and are going back to Gmail.com.
If you are Outlook user, you might want to Import Contacts from Outlook to Gmail and Gmail to Outlook. While you have an option to Sync all your Contacts from Hotmail, Live, MSN to Outlook, but you cant Sync your Gmail Contacts to your Outlook Account. And it takes a lot of time to add contacts manually if you have Hundreds of contacts in your account.
So, I recommend importing all contacts in one go. Here, in this article I will demonstrate how to Import contacts from Outlook to Gmail Account.
How to Import Outlook Contacts in to Gmail?
- Login to your Outlook Account using a Web Browser.
- On the Top-left side of your Outlook inbox, you can find a Down arrow.
- Click on the Down arrow to see Mail, People, Calender and Sky Drive tiles.
- Click on People to view all your Contacts.
- Now Click on the Manage option which is on the top of the page, Now click on Export to Download to a .csv file which has all of your contacts. If you dont want to add the contacts which are already in your Gmail account, you can remove the duplicate contacts after you import these contacts into Gmail.
- Now go to Gmail.com from your Web browser.
- Sign-In to your Account using your Username and Password.
- Click on the Gmail button which is located on the upper-left of the page to see Gmail, Contacts, and Task options.
- Click on Contacts to see the contacts which are recently imported, if any. Click on the more button (as you can see in the picture), and then click on Import to open Import contacts box.
- Click to Browse to browse for the Downloaded Contacts file from the Outlook.com. Browse the File and Click on Import to start importing contacts.
Once the importing is done, you can find all the imported contacts. And if you wish to delete any contacts you don’t need, you can select them using the check box next to the contacts and click more button to delete contacts.
If you want to delete the duplicate contacts, Click on more button and then click on Find and merge duplicates option to view duplicate contacts and delete them. And if you want to restore the deleted contacts, Click on More button and then click on Restore option.
Learn How to Setup 2-Step Verification To Your GMail Account For Additional Security